The Great Testbourne Bake Off FINAL!
WOW! What a final!
"The 6 final bakers were tasked with baking and decorating 6 cupcakes in just 1 hour. And I have to say, they smashed it!
Before I tell you who won, let’s meet our finalists.
- Toby baked vanilla Jubilee cupcakes, decorated with buttercream and red and blue sprinkles.
- Bronwyn baked chocolate and red marble sponge with cream cheese red swirl icing.
- Georgie baked jam filled chocolate sponge with red rose buttercream, presented as a bouquet with chocolate dipped strawberries.
- Freya baked chocolate fudge cupcakes decorated with chocolate buttercream and mint.
- Heidi baked chocolate cupcakes with Oreo buttercream and decorated with an Oreo crescent.
- Jaimi-Lea baked vanilla cupcakes with a bright orange buttercream
Our judge for the final was Rob from Kudos Coffee Shop in Whitchurch. He has this to say about the competition: "This week's competition had some fantastic efforts, seeing creative set ups, great piping work and some really great tasting cakes. Everyone should be proud of their efforts, especially the deserved winner, who smashed it in every area."
Frist prize will win an 'Afternoon tea for Two' at Oakley Hall... and THE WINNER of The Great Testbourne Bakeoff 2022 is... Freya! Well done Freya, as our guest judge said, you totally smashed it!
2nd and 3rd prize, of £25 Kudos vouchers goes to Heidi and Georgie, well done to both of you. Our three runners up, Toby, Brownyn and Jami-Lee also received a Kudos drink voucher.
A huge well done to all the students that entered, and a big thank you to all our guest judges, especially those that provided the prizes for our bakers. See you again next year!"
- Mrs Edwards and Ms Cartridge.