At Testbourne School we are committed to the highest quality pastoral care for our students. Our approach is designed to help remove barriers to learning so that students can thrive and develop both academically and socially.
Each Year group has a dedicated Head of Year, leading a team of tutors. There are seven tutor groups per year group. The Heads of Year for the 2022-2023 Academic Year are:
- Year 7 – Ms Jenkins
- Year 8 – Mrs Muddle
- Year 9 – Mr Alderman
- Year 10 – Mr Tiley
- Year 11 – Mrs Harper
Working alongside this team we have colleagues who provide additional support. They are:
- Miss Cartwright - Pastoral Support Assistant
- Mrs Wheeler – Inclusion and Reflection Room Manager
- Ms Bateman – Counselling and Student Support
- Mrs Day – Counselling and Whole School Mental Health Lead.
- Miss Gunning – Attendance Officer.
The work of the team is overseen by Dr Hall, the senior leader in charge of pastoral and safeguarding.